Armada Games Aberrant Game
Stage magician who Erupted onto the scene recently
Estrella Dominika Tesar aka Dominika Star
- What is your character’s name? Estrella Dominika Tesar, with the stage name of Dominika Star
- How old is your character? Early 30s
- What would somebody see at first glance? Estrella is a shy, yet foul-mouthed and fun woman who has smoke-gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury when her powers are high. Her thick, silky, wavy, platinum blond hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a fall of water. She has an attractively plump, feminine build. Her skin is pale from working nights. She has thick eyebrows, high cheekbones, and small feet. Plump woman with pale blond hair and an artistic and strange wardrobe, with a green color scheme.
- What additional attributes would be noticed upon meeting the character? She has a slight Spanish accent.
- Does your character have any personality quirks? Shy, but loves flash and the color green
- Does your character have goals? Become a world famous magician
- What is your character’s marital status? Kids? Single and no.
- Does your character have any distinguishing marks (birth-marks, scars, deformities)? TBD
- Where do you live now, and with whom? She shares a small condo with her baby sister. [more info and a pic later]
- Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? Seriously caffeine-addicted. Pre-Eruption, she went everywhere with a cup of coffee in hand to keep up with her schedule; post-E, she literally cannot go a day without a cup or more. Her coffee maker is pre-programmed and set before she falls into bed, although she has a Kurig and K-cups, just in case.
- Are you right- or left-handed? Ambidextrous
- What does your voice sound like? Pre: a bit husky; Post: smooth, warm, and sex on a stick
- What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Cuss words
- What do you have in your pockets/purse? ‘My preecioouusss!’ No, seriously, Estrella would have a gold dollar coin, a silver dollar, and a quarter for practice; lock picks and hand cuffs or a specialty lock or two (again, practice when she is bored); pad and pencil for making notes on future tricks; lip gloss, brush, whatever makeup goes with her costume du jour; small twists of flash powder; just the basics…
- Where did your character come from? Mr. and Mrs. Tesar (Mamá and Papá were a teacher and a lawyer, respectively. I was born and raised in Houston, TX, in a small neighborhood near my dad’s school (happily, in the other direction from my own). While Mamá and Papá made a reasonable living, it wasn’t until Papá took us on vacation to Vegas and won the jackpot that the family flourished. Instead of spending all of it, Papá and Mamá made some really good investments, which enabled us to go to college. Papá and Mamá are both still living and working in Houston, though Papá has been making noise about retiring to substitute teaching the last few years.
- When did you grow up? Estrella grew up young, helping her family take care of the younger kids—siblings as well as cousins. This is part of where her caregiver nature comes from.
- Do you have any other family or friends? She has a large family, most of whom live in Houston near her parents. She has one set of grandparents still in Mexico (on Mamá’s side), and another set in Europe (on Papá’s side). In Houston, her Abuela stays with her Mamá’s younger sister a few blocks away. The other grandparents have passed on.
She has 3 younger siblings, the youngest MUCH younger. Camila is following in her mother’s footsteps as a lawyer and already making a name for herself at just 30. Valeria is still searching for herself at 28, working part time and making a career out of changing majors. Valentina, the Valentine’s Day surprise baby, is a spoiled mischief bomb at 15. Estrella and her sisters were off to college and work by the time Tina hit her pubescent years and got in with the wrong crowd. With both parents working and her older siblings gone, Tina found a new ‘old’ crowd to idolize. Unfortunately, they weren’t a good influence. The pampered baby of the entire family, ‘Tina is currently living with Estrella in an effort to get her back on track.
- How much schooling have you had? Estrella has a bachelor’s degree in engineering and was beginning work on her master’s, mostly online classes, while working on sets, costumes, etc.
- Did you enjoy school? Not so much. Her interest in engineering was as a fallback to her main goal and to provide her with the knowledge to create her own tricks and effects.
- Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? On the job or at home.
- What were the three most important lessons/values you learned? Family is the most important thing, too much money can make a family better or break it apart, and some secrets are best kept to yourself.
- How does your character dress? She has an artistic and strange/eclectic wardrobe, with a green color scheme. She is generally well groomed and takes care of herself and her appearance, but tends to wear ‘costumes’, preferring clothes styled after different eras (frock coats, corsets, empire gowns, Grecian tunic dresses, etc.) even if she has to make them herself.
- What is your character’s moral code? Violence should be a last resort.
- Is your character religious? Raised but mostly non-practicing Catholic
- Is there anything that your character hates? Gossip, violence, and politics
- Is there anything that your character fears? TBD
- Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, Harry Blackstone (Sr & Jr), Penn & Teller
- What emotion best describes your character? Warmth, like being in the sun
- What emotion does your character evoke in others? Pre-Eruption, Estella was an average, slightly plump half-Hispanic shy woman. She worked hard and always made sure everyone got along. Post-Eruption, she now has a ‘persona’ who loves the limelight, the applause, the glitz, and cannot be shy, so that comes out only at odd times when she can’t figure out what her alter ego would do. She still always has a kind word for everyone and has one of the smoothest running shows around.
- What does your character need most? Estrella is a caregiver. To steal a quote, with great power comes great responsibility, and Estrella needs to ‘give back.’
- What are your character’s personal tastes? She likes the color green, antique clothing, jewelry and glittery things, and dislikes gossip, violence, and politics.
- What is your character’s comfort zone? Estrella is most comfortable in a family setting, i.e., at home with a few friends or family. She practices various magic tricks to calm her mind, or her martial arts katas if that fails to do the job. Otherwise, she is most at home onstage.
- How do you want your character to die? Estrella would prefer to die of old age, surrounded by family. [I would be just as happy to see her go out saving lives.]
She is (now) a stage magician She worked behind the scenes for years on sets and costumes before finally getting her ‘big’ break—a last minute cancellation of a minor act left the venue desperate for an opener.
On stage at last, normally shy Estrella (Star) reveled in the applause, the lights, the attention. And off-stage during the break, the energy and excitement culminated in Eruption. A relatively quiet event, with most of the changes being ‘internal’, Estrella began to flourish as a magician. Her intuition and luck have helped her curb her ‘louder’ powers when she has ‘dangerous’ audience members while the distance she keeps from her audience allows her to remain mysterious and ‘star-like’ to explain her extraordinary attributes. When she walks off stage, she goes dormant like pealing off another layer of stage makeup.